This post may contain affiliate links.
While I’m in the midst of preparing for my upcoming cake class, I figured I would share my top baking tools that I use for every single cake. Whether I’m baking a cake for my wedding clients or for my family, these are the tools that I use without fail.
My top 5 baking essentials and the perfect gift for Baking enthusiasts:
- KitchenAid Mixer: I must say, this is an investment, however, I’ve had my first mixer for over 10 years. It’s still being used today and saves my wrists mixing batter with a hand mixer.
- Kitchen Scale: This is my top recommendation for being more consistent with your bakes. Measuring flour can be tricky, so using a scale gives you consistent measurements for every cake. Not to mention, there’s no need to use mixing cups. Just mesure right in your mixing bowls!
- Measuring spoons: Although I use a scale for all of my dry and wet ingredients, I find it more convenient to measure vanilla extract with a spoon instead.
- Quality Cake Pans: If I taking the time to bake a cake, I want to make sure I’m using quality pans that give me an even bake. These pans are formulated to evenly distribute heat and prevent having spots that cook more quickly then others.
- Spatulas: Now, these spatulas are perfect for getting out every single drop of batter from your mixing bowl! You would be surprised at how much batter gets left in the bowl when just using a regular spoon.
With these tools, any baker would have the proper foundation to create professional cakes right at home.